Friday, April 1, 2011

Mangonadas Recipe (Mango fruit popsicle)

Hey everyone!

i feel awful because i have been neglecting my blog and not posting that much but tonight will be different i will be doing a few post starting with this delicious recipe! i learned this recipe when i was young in mexico my family has stands for people to stop and eat or just buy goods a "tiendita" or "puesto" and my aunts taught me theres a way to refresh yourself with delicious fruit! so lets go ahead and get started!

Ingredients:
Mangos
Mango Juice (faster step)
Chamoy  (you can find this at the grocery store in the Hispanic/Mexican section)
Lime
Fruit Seasoning
Cups
Popsicle sticks (excuse my forks i didnt have any an i realized at the last minute!)

* first you will need to peel the mangos to begin cutting them be careful in this process :)
* from here i add some to the blender w/ water and sugar and also 1 can of mango juice (jumex or which ever brand you choose)
* i make sure to leave some left over to add to my cups! bcus having fruit in there makes it all the fun!

* now we pour our juice and fruit mixture to our cups and from here we will freeze them!

after this process i wait a few hours like 3 (unless you have a fast freezing freezer sooner) wait till the top is frozen jus a bit enough to were you can stab a stick thru for the handle, please excuse my forks again! lol then after there done freezing completely like a day after they shall look like this..
lol my fork! sheesh! :)

Now you  can defeinaly eat them as is nice fruit popsicle or you can dress them up the Mexican way which i will show you how to do so..

Chamoy is the main ingredient in dressing this Mangonadas! it is usually found in a Hispanic grocery store (fiesta,sellers, food fair, foodtown etc)

Chamoy refers to a variety of savory sauces and condiments in Mexican cuisine made from pickled fruit. Chamoy may range from a liquid to a paste consistency, and typically its flavor is salty, sweet, sour and spiced with powdered chiles all at the same time.
What i like to do to loosen up the popscile from the cup is run it under hot water until it has loosen grip and you can pull out


The fun delicious part! Yummy!
Lets start by adding Lime, Fruit Seasoning, and our Chamoy to the bottom of our cup dont add too much bcus it will over flow lol and get messy!





You put the Mangonada back in and do as well to the top and it should look like this minus the fork lol!!

This is and easy and delicious treat to share with your family and or friends on a nice summer day!

Adults: you can always kick it up a notch an add alchol to the juice mixture while pouring it in the cup!

I hope you enjoy this and find it helpful if you have any questions please let me know!

xoxo-Leslie

10 comments:

  1. OMG that looks soooooo GOOD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg in denver they sold fresh fruit on the side of the road with chile and shit on them...just like mexico... damn im so hungry lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude no wayyy!! My grandma still makes those. A little bit different but the same concept lol how crazy but yes they're soooo freakin good! I like them with chamoy <3 Lol your fork is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm on way to the store for some chamoy!!! Thanks for posting this! My husband was asking me to make this last night :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for posting this my daughter was asking for chamoy pops but I forgot how to make them. You make it look so easy, and yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yummy! DEF gonna try this! =)thx!
    xoxo

    >i<

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved your recipe is not for nothing but I came out delicious thanks

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much. I never thought it would be so easy to make mangonadas. They came super delicious. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My mom did it different lol she did it all wrong . Thats what she gets for not listening to your recepi .

    ReplyDelete